The Rocker's Place
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The Rocker's Place

Bienvenue sur The Rocker's Place... Rock on !!

AccueilDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Xiaomi Mi Smart Camera 2K Standard Edition (design ...
Voir le deal
11.39 €

[Interview] Quaoar

3 participants
AuteurMessage
B-Max
Administrateur tyrannique & esclave de Ren'
B-Max

Masculin
Artiste/Groupe préféré : Alter Bridge, SepticFlesh, Rob Zombie, Valient Thorr, Alice Cooper, Motörhead, Opeth, Carach Angren, Alestorm, Kamelot, The Cumshots, Mononc' Serge, BugGiRL, etc.
Style de musique : Metal, Hard Rock, et plein d'autres choses.

[Interview] Quaoar Empty
MessageSujet: [Interview] Quaoar   [Interview] Quaoar Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Juin - 4:23

Quaoar
1) Why the name "Quaoar"? - The name "Quaoar" was chosen by the first singer of the band,Jonathan. He was an astronomy lover and at that time it was discovereda little kind of asteroid that they named Quaoar. It sounded great forthe kind of music the band was playing at that moment and theyaccepted it as a name (because no one had anything better xD)

2) Who got the idea to start the band, and how was your debut?
- Well, the band, as embryo, was started by myself (Josu) together witha couple of friends, back in 2002, death metal in mind. After playingcovers of bands like Amon Amarth or Carcass, we started our ownsongwriting, heavily influenced by Opeth. Actually, the opening trackon Man't had guttural voice on top, and so was it played in our firstband performance. This debut was much of an improvisation; in fact wewere given the chance to warm up for Numen -a quite succesful localblack metal band- just an hour before the show. It went on in a greatconcert hall, in front of an audience of 300 people.So we got there, with nothing prepared, just our 20 minute setlist,missing bass player and playing on Numen's gear. Luckily enough weweren't booed, and the crowd enjoyed the gig. Afterwards some band members got replaced, until we reached ourcurrent formation in 2006, from which I am the only remaining menber.From then on everything changed, and it's pretty safe to say that theonly fact that somehow link us to the former Quaoar is our preferencefor long and complex stuctured tunes, because our current genre haslittle to do with the old stuff.

3) I saw on your myspace page that you like Opeth, what do you thinkof their last album, Watershed? - It's a great album. They're Opeth, couldn't make it bad. It'sundoubted they're one of the greatest bands of the latest years.Actually they're the band I have enjoyed and listened to the most, butI think they have lost the feel that made them so special back inStill Life or on Blackwater Park. The two latest albums have anotherperspective, and I realize many fans may prefer it, the new onesmainly, but they already don't mean the same for me, I look back attheir former stage and classical formation, with no keyboard.

4) I also saw that Amplifer is in your influences... did you ever seenthem live? Cause I do... :p - Yes! In fact we discovered them when they opened the show for Opethhere. We liked them very much (Iñigo has a setList of that gig) and wesearched for them in the internet.

5) How do you guys feel on stage? - On stage we feel very good, and we are getting better all the time. Wetry to liberate ourselves but also we try to keep the best performancewe can. Obviously the songs don't sound the same as they do in therecord, but on the other hand they sound more aggressive and real. Inspite of this, now we've acquired some stuff to improve our liveshows.

6) Is a tour in Belgium and/or France planned? - We expect to play in France at Barbey School festival this year ormaybe the next, because we were awarded with this in the "Villa deBilbao" contest. We are very very excited with this possibility and wehope finally we can go there and play a great gig! We haven't thoughtabout playing in Belgium, but it is always a possibility 'causeJavier, the Bass Player, has family there and this makes easier to gothere, find somewhere to sleep and good places to play.

7) Very important... what is your favorite drink? - hohoho, It depends on who are you talking to, my friend! I'd say Ginwith Lemon, but maybe in general I must say Beer or Red Wine

8 ) What about an upcoming album? - We are now working on the composition of the next album. It's verydifficult because Bjorn lives in other city and it's essential hearingthe drum parts of a song to know where is the song going to.Furthermore, the new album will be much longer than Man't and it willhave more vocal parts on it. It will sound also more powerfull andexperimental. We'll try to enter the studio this summer and I suposseby the end of this year we'll have the record in our hands!

9) And a last question; is this possible to get your cd here, in Belgium? - In a month we will have more (and renewed) copies of Man't. To get thealbum you only have to email us to quaoarband@gmail.com and come in 6€in our account. If you prefer cash on delivery the cost will depend onthe mail company.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://www.youtube.com/user/ValientThorr89
Ormhaxan
Membre expert
Ormhaxan

Masculin
Artiste/Groupe préféré : Finntroll, Mors Principium Est, Black Stone Cherry, Krisiun, Destruction, KoRn, Children Of Gaia, etc
Style de musique : Metal, Hard Rock, HxC, Rock progressif, stoner, etc

[Interview] Quaoar Empty
MessageSujet: Re: [Interview] Quaoar   [Interview] Quaoar Icon_minitimeDim 28 Juin - 16:29

Bonne interview comme pour The Trade, il faudrait peut-être traduire mais moi l'anglais ça va, mais Quaoar j'aime bien ce sont des bons
B-Max
B-Max

Masculin
Artiste/Groupe préféré : Alter Bridge, SepticFlesh, Rob Zombie, Valient Thorr, Alice Cooper, Motörhead, Opeth, Carach Angren, Alestorm, Kamelot, The Cumshots, Mononc' Serge, BugGiRL, etc.

[Interview] Quaoar Empty
MessageSujet: Re: [Interview] Quaoar   [Interview] Quaoar Icon_minitimeLun 29 Juin - 4:26

Je verrai pour les prochaines, merci en tout cas Smile
deadrum
Psychopathe en voie de développement
deadrum

Masculin
Artiste/Groupe préféré : Iron Maiden, ACDC, Metallica, Billy Talent, System Of a Down, Kamelot, Sonic Syndicate, BB king, Eric clapton ...
Style de musique : Rock, Métal, Blues...

[Interview] Quaoar Empty
MessageSujet: Re: [Interview] Quaoar   [Interview] Quaoar Icon_minitimeMar 30 Juin - 16:20

OUais très bonne interview ! Et attention... J'ai tout compris Razz Very Happy
B-Max
B-Max

Masculin

[Interview] Quaoar Empty
MessageSujet: Re: [Interview] Quaoar   [Interview] Quaoar Icon_minitimeMer 1 Juil - 5:03

deadrum a écrit:
OUais très bonne interview ! Et attention... J'ai tout compris Razz Very Happy
Merci bien ! Very Happy (Et bravo Razz)
Contenu sponsorisé

[Interview] Quaoar Empty
MessageSujet: Re: [Interview] Quaoar   [Interview] Quaoar Icon_minitime

[Interview] Quaoar
Page 1 sur 1